Article from 24chasa.bg: 6th Jan 2010

"Help me sell my kidney, I have no money for medicine that should be taken after a day and in my pocket I got 80 cents. I do not care that I may die, I must pay my debts. "

With these words in our editorial came in 50-year-old,disabled, Stoyan Stoyanov, who has been unemployed for over 10 months. The man has a mild paresis of the left arm and left leg,that surfaced after a stroke. Since then, he has sent nearly 900 CV's to various companies and institutions. If they happened to call him for an interview, thers interest died once they saw his condition. He tried for a position in state administration, but with no success.

"Whatever people may say, the disabled are not a priority of the state. I do not want any aid, or charity - I want work, "explained the man.

Stoyanov is a graduate in Information Technology form the University of Shumen. His last job was as a manager of supply. Before that he was a college secretary, computer operator and night guard at a library. The man explains that he is constantly looking for work. Going to libraries to use internet and send emails. Of course, he has no internet at home.

Stoyan Stoyanov is worried that he hasn't been paying alimony for his 5-year-old daughter for five months now. Because he hasn't payed 4 installments of 130 BGN for his mortgage loan, the bank would might have him chargeable. Stoyanov's pension is 170 BGN. 80 BGN Each month are spent on drugs required for his blood pressure.

"How can I live? I don't pay rent and I wonder how the landlady hasn't kicked me out yet. If anyone wants my kidney - only that I can sell and I will sell it, "says the man"

O.P.: "Sadly this is reality.The reality of our modern and democratic world.This man never wanted to become a debt slave.He had no choice:forced into this position by a disfunctional state and a predjudiced society. And this is a story not secluded to Bulgaria or eastern Europe-it happens every day, everywhere. This can't be right, nor humane, but it is reality. And just as I thought how bad our society became, I stolled down to the user comment (somethign I don't usually do). And there is where my hope was revived.

"Thursday, 7th Jan 2010
alex ivanov: Mr.Stoyanov, reach me at my e-mail or via skype (tu*****) so I can give you as much money as you need so he would not sell his kidney. My name is Alex and I live in Sydney. No comment is needed - you either help or don't. Let's see if someone for the "high-life" shall help as I would - a simple handy men.

s.ahmed: Hello Stoyan. If you are reading this, maybe you shall recognise you former colleague. If I can helo with even a small ammount for drugs do tell. Write to me at mye-mail (****@abv.bg). Sometimes life is very cruel and if no-one can then let us at least help ourselves. And our government sucks anyways. A stepmother, not a motherland"

O.P."A stepmother, not a motherland". Strong words,but sadly through. I sincerely hope that MR.Stoyanov gets in touch with Alex so the humane in us can prevent this act of inhumanity. We are after all Humans!

(C) 24chasa.bg

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds