Seems like we don't even care.

I thought for a while what I wanted my 100th post to be and in the end I wanted it to be something that represents me and what I stand for so I wrote this.

So many times I'm, covering my eyes
Peeking through my fingers
Tryin' to hide my, frustration at the way that we treat
Turn on the TV, seein' the pain
Sayin' such a shame
Then tryin' to go on with my life
Of that, I too, am guilty
So we send a lil' money, tell 'em it's alright
To be able to sleep at night
You will pay that price
While some of these folks' lost their whole life
Now it wasn't on the nightly news no more
Suddenly it didn't matter to you no more
In the end almost nothing changed
What the hell, what was that for?
So don't ever tell me "life is fair".
Seems like we don't even care.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds