31.12.2010


This year I decided to express my wishes and recollections of 2010 and 2011 in the for of a rhyme.

31.12.2010

I’m writing this to remember not to forget,
All the things that I did, all the people I’ve met.
So before my final farewell’s a bid
Let’s take one last spin in last year’s whip.
Just to get excited for next year’s ride.
I take time to reflect on my lows and highs.
Like Hov and Nas I made amends with some friends,
and some friends have come to and end.
My heart used to be full but now it’s empty.
My pockets used to be dry, now there’s plenty.
And now I know how to stand my ground,
the next time life turns around,
and it turns around!

But most of all, I’m thankful that I learned to let go,
everything that held me back and the race that I hold.
Walk the earth and listen close as it starts to show,
miseries, victories, all the highs and lows.
The bird only lands on your shoulder once,
so be sure you’ll be there when it does.
Cuz in our small piece of space and time,
what matters is the trail that we leave behind.
So with that in mind I’d like to say “It’s fine”
to all those saying that I crossed the line.
I always mean well but I make mistakes,
so I apologise, just to get things straight.
And every new soul that I met had a story to tell.
And everyone ends with “I wish you well.”
I wish you well!

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds