As The Decade Turns.

Another year rolls by just as quickliy as the previous one and slowly as it could ever be. It was quite a year I must say. But I will not write a summary of past events. All I shall is that it was a turbulent one for me as well as for us, as a society. What I would like to say now,before the turn of the century is that we should look back and mark the things that need not be repeated. Even if one can look back and say: "I like what I'm seeing", it would be better to draw on what not do and simply cherrish what brought joy and happiness. Whatever the case might be, it is important that each one of us takes the time to summarise the past year and draw their personal conclusions. If we bury our mistakes and elevate out triumfs, instead of learning from the former and utilise the momentum from the latter, we shall never grow and evolve. And it is high time for us to evolve, as humans as well as people and a society. For I think, that our present way is not working, though all it needs is a little bit of soul and a little bit of love. A grain of spiritual sand if each of us implants, in time we shall harvest a better land.

But enough of my philosophical ratiocinations. Today is a time for recollection and resolution. But more importantly a time for friends and family to come together to forget the bad times and to forge good memories.

I wish you all a wonderfull time on the eve of this new decade and I shall be with you again, next year.

(c) Outspoken Poet

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds