On a rainy sunday.

I love formula one.You can call me a real fan.As a matter of fact I have watched every race since Suzuka in Oct 1998.Even if I couldn't watch the whole race I watched at least a couple of laps.It's really something that only those alike can understand.

So today was the last race of the 2009 season at the brand new Yas Marina track in Abu Dhabi,a unique track and the first race that would start at sunset and finish at night under artificial light,the more reason that I had to watch the race even after a heavy Haloween last night.So i packed my bag for a study stint at the library after the race and I left my apartment around 12:30(I don't have a TV at the moment).I had decided to watch the race at bar in my University Union.Upon my arrival I was stopped by the porter/security guard.A middle aged,slightly overweight man with a goate.He asked me for my student or union member card.I couldn't really tell wether he is being unfriendly or just nonchalant.But anyways I handed both cards to him nad after a quick glance I had clearance to enter the premises.

Little did I know that there is a football game at the same time and the F1 race will have to submerge to popular demand.Frustrated with the idea of having to quickly find another venue whilst walking in the rain I made my way out.At the doors was the porter who surprised at my quick departure asked me whats up.So I briefly described the situation and to my surprise he said "well look no further mate.You are a member,I'll find ya a TV room".Initially I tried to turn the offer down,humble as I am,but the man was insisting.By the vibrations of his voice and speech I could tell he ment well,so I just followed.Two minutes later and 3 floors up he unlocked a small confrence room with couches and a big size flat screen tv and gave me the proof tested "make your self comfortable lad.Of course you gonna watch the formula one race".And indeed I did,but what I really want to express is my surprise.A gesture not so big,but a differance all so great.It is so wonderfull but all so rare to experience spontanious kindness today that I just had to write it down.If not for anything else at least for the fact that it enforced my hope for our society.And I believe that we all have it in us to be a bit more altruistic.We just need to realise the joy we can draw from the joy we bring to others.

So PLEASE,open up your eyes.

(c) Outspoken Poet

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds