"Pop star Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, aged 50.

Paramedics were called to the singer's Beverly Hills home at about midday on Thursday after he stopped breathing.

He was pronounced dead two hours later at the UCLA medical centre. Jackson's brother, Jermaine, said he was believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest."
(BBC news)

The 26th of June shall forever be remmembered as the darkest day in entertainment history.And a dark they indeed it is.My brain is still resisting the notion of a world without the king of pop.No matter what anyone said and no matter his controversial nature I was always a fan of Michael Jackson even though hip-hop is the love of my life.Jacko's music has been with me throughout my childhood and my teens and I can honestly say that it made me a better person.His music was the embodiment of perfection,transcending time,fads,trends even generations.Billie Jean and the rest are the only type of music on which me and my mother agree unanimously.And even though u read these lines, at the time of writting and I bet even as you read I am still speachless as anything said now will not be enough.No praises and no vaunts are need.Is there any need for naming the obvious - no.And even if some day his fans and the people who praise his career go silence his music will echo through time,transcending any fad,any trend and all the generations to come.At least now the media will stop the river of dirth that used to flow to his address, but still part of the guilt is upon them and upon them is the full responsibility for all the kids calling him names without having heard one track from his unique work.At least I can say that I listen to his tracks every week and this observing the quality of music coming out now I shall continue to put them on again and again along with 2pac for a long time and I don't think that this is a bad thing.R.I.P. Jacko, I wish I could have met you.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds